Staff, students and parents/carers at Guilsborough Academy are celebrating good A-level results this year.
- 43% of grades awarded were A*/B
- Pass rate 96%
These results have meant many of our students have secured places at their first choice university as well as meaningful gap years and apprenticeship opportunities.
- 69% Higher Education (47% of which achieved their first choice, 9% insurance choice and 13% was through clearing places).
- 36% of University places are Russell Group Universities.
- 4% gap year and deferred their place at university to 2019
- 8% gap year with employment – reapply to Higher Education next academic year/apprenticeship whilst re-applying.
- Apprenticeships and employment:
- 3% Gap year employment while applying for apprenticeships on a more permanent basis
- 8% Securing Apprenticeship
- 5% Employment
- Other seeking employment/apprenticeships: 3%
Whilst we are proud of all our students a particular mention goes to those who achieved all A*/A grades: Matthew Baker, Cora Bancroft, Jessica O’Brien, Luke Thompson and Isaac Tramontana. Furthermore, Jessica Hedley, Asha Karavadra, Aidan Dixon, John Roberts and George Chamberlain must be mentioned as they significantly exceeded their target grades in all their subject areas. “Congratulations to all of our Sixth Form students in achieving great A level results. Over the last two years you have worked extremely hard especially due to the changes at post 16 with A levels now being linear qualifications. Many of you have secured some high-quality courses, employment and apprenticeships opportunities at post 18 and we wish you every success for the future. Thank you to staff, parents/carers for their continued support over the years. You all should really be very proud as we are”.
Miss Beth Nunley, Head of Sixth Form
“We are delighted with the achievements of our students which is due also to our staff and parents/carers working in close partnership to enable our students to have the best possible support which has really paid off.”
Mrs Swales, Principal
We are also celebrating yet another strong set of GCSE results, exceeding national examination bench mark figures.
- 81% of our students secured at least a grade 4 in Mathematics (compared to 70% nationally)
- 85% of our students secured at least a grade 4 in English (compared to 75% nationally)
- 76% achieving a grade 4 or above in English and maths at the end of key stage 4
- 41% achieving the English Baccalaureate
The following students all achieved at least two of the new level 9 grades: Ruby Allen, Mary Beetham-Green, Joe Bray, Evan Chippington, Tamara Ferry, Stella Gent, Freya Goff, Sarah Goldney, Sophie Grahamslaw, Matilda Hampton-Riddington, Lois Hazle, Megan Hill, Sian Lee, Charlotte Levy, Marianne Luke, Ruby Mabbutt, Emily Wilford, Hannah Wright and Lauren Wright.
A special mention also goes to Harry Bardell, Evan Chippington, Fraser Clark, Stella Gent, Max Halls, Edward Leveritt, Marianne Luke, Edward Masters, Emily Moore and Annabelle Thompson for making the most progress, in their year group, since joining Guilsborough Academy.
“We are so pleased that all the hard work by our students and staff, supported by parents, has reaped the high rewards they deserve. These results, as well as their wonderful personal skills, will allow them to continue to do new and exciting things.”
Mrs Swales, Principal
“Congratulations to all of our Year 11 students on their fantastic GCSE results. As ever, we are incredibly proud of their hard work and we wish them all the best for a very bright future.”
Miss Keenes, Head of Year 11
We would like to congratulate all of our students who took examinations at the school this year, many of whom achieved outstanding results.
An overview of the school performance can be found at the Department for Education's Performance Tables.