Staff, students and parents/carers at Guilsborough Academy are celebrating a wonderful set of A-level results this year.
• 19% of grades awarded were A*/A
• 49% of grades awarded were A*-B
• 79% of grades awarded were A*-C
• Pass rate 98%
These results have meant many of our students have secured places at their first choice university as well as high quality apprenticeships.
• 62% University confirmed with 54% first choice. 10% of our students in Russell Group universities.
• 8% searching in clearing - destinations to be confirmed
• 1% Gap year, deferring to 2018 (first choice university)
• 13% Gap year employment while applying for university
• 6% Gap year employment while applying for apprenticeships or training e.g. with the forces.
• 1% Employment
• 7% Other e.g. Arts foundation courses at college or still considering options.
Whilst we are proud of all our students a particular mention goes to those who achieved all A*/A grades: Izzy Van Besouw, George Fairbrother, Anna Scullion, Isaac Watson, Milly Munro and Rebecca Wilson. Furthermore, Hannah Rebekah Curran, Perri Dando, Molly Jarvis, Charly Kelly, Harry Thorpe and Daisy Pierce must be mentioned as they significantly exceeded their target grades in all their subject areas.
“Congratulations to all of our Sixth Form students in achieving fantastic A level results. Over the last two years you have worked extremely hard especially as there has been lots of national changes at post 16. Many of you have secured some high-quality courses, employment and apprenticeships opportunities at post 18 and we wish you every success for the future. Thank you to staff, parents/carers for their continued support over the years. You all should really be very proud as we are”.
Miss Beth Nunley, Head of Sixth Form
“We are delighted with the achievements of our students which is due also to our staff and parents/carers working in close partnership to enable our students to have the best possible support which has really paid off.”
Mrs Swales, Principal
We are also celebrating yet another strong set of GCSE results, exceeding national examination bench mark figures.
• 77% of our students secured at least a grade 4 in Mathematics (compared to 69% nationally)
• 82% of our students secured at least a grade 4 in English (compared to 65% nationally)
• Three quarters of our students (76%) achieved 5 GCSE grades A*-C
• 71% achieving a C or above in GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths at the end of key stage 4
• 40% achieving the English Baccalaureate
A special mention must go to Lucy Ferguson, Georgia Lett, Charlotte Newton-Bennett, Lucy Exley, George Andrew, Charlie Risdale, Rachel Wyss, Llio Godfrey-Flower, Lewis Tetley and for significant progress Samuel Bryant, Anais Worrell, Luca Pett and Freya Higman.
“We are so pleased that all the hard work by our students and staff, supported by parents, has reaped the high rewards they deserve. These results, as well as their wonderful personal skills, will allow them to continue to do new and exciting things.”
Mrs Swales, Principal
“A tremendous well done to all of our Year 11 students on their fantastic results. We are extremely proud of everything that you have accomplished and wish you well with your next steps”
Mrs Ferguson and Mr Mills, Heads of Year 11
We would like to congratulate all of our students who took examinations at the school this year, many of whom achieved outstanding results.
An overview of the school performance can be found at the Department for Education's Performance Tables.