Grand Union Training Partnership Internship
GUTP are offering internship opportunities to second year STEM undergraduate students to provide them with an introduction to teaching.
The internship is paid with participants being paid up to £300 per week. It is a four week programme starting 24th June and finishing on Friday 19th July 2019. We are currently working with four schools (Sponne, Magdalen, Elizabeth Woodville School and Guilsborough) to deliver the programme.
The deadline for applying is 29 April. Further details can be found at http://www.guilsborough.northants.sch.uk/training/news.
Read more ...
Supporting Your Child During Exam Time
As we start to move towards exam season, Young Minds have launched advice for parents about supporting their children.
• Encourage your child to take revision breaks and find a balance between studying and doing things they find enjoyable and relaxing.
• Make sure they are eating and drinking at regular intervals.
• Reassure them – reinforce that you are and will be proud of them no matter what happens.
• Remain positive and hopeful!
• Let them know their feelings are valid and normal, but also offer support and solutions where possible.
• Anxiety is often worst at night and this means it is useful to encourage good bedtime routine
You can find out more here: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-exam-time/
Read more ...